Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day.

Father's Day has been a hard day for me for the past 13 years. My dad passed away when I was just 7 years old. Ever since he's been gone, Father's Day is just one of those days like his birthday or the date of his death that makes me sad. I try to be happy and all but at the end of the day, I miss my dad and I'm sad that he can't be here in the flesh. I miss him so bad that it hurts. I wish that I could buy him a cheesy card and call and tell him how much I love him and how much I love that he's my dad. Since I can't do that in real life, I figure why not do it here, so here is my letter to my dad. :)

Dear dad, 

I just want you to know that I love you! Happy Father's Day! You were an amazing father and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. Even though you've been gone for more of my life than you've been here for, I wouldn't trade those 7 years for the world. I am alike you in many ways, mom always makes sure to tell me when I say or do something, or make a face that reminds her of you. She even says that I get my football watching from you and how it used to ruin your day when Oklahoma lost, I'm the same way. She tells me that I look just like you and that it makes her happy. I know you're watching out for Alex and I and I want you to continue to do so, also look out for mom. She really needs it right now. I try not to be sad that you're gone because I know you were in pain and I know your heart was bad. I just look at it like you're not in anymore pain and you're always happy and smiling. I wish I could give you a hug, but the memories I have will have to suffice for now. It sucks that you're not here to meet Chase and to get to know him because I know you'd love him, just like mom does. She said he reminds her of you and she's grateful for that. I hate that you'll never get to meet any of your grandkids, but I'll make sure to tell them what an awesome person you were and show them pictures of what you looked like and tell them that they have a guardian angel that looks out for them just like you do for Alex and I. I love you very, very, very much and I'll see you again someday. Thank you for being the best dad a girl could ask for. :)

Love always,

Your little girl. 






No comments:

Post a Comment