Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Exciting news!

I have exciting news! Chase and I are moving to Texas when he gets out of the Army!!! His uncle offered him a job with him pipeline welding and it's just too good not to take! He was planning on going to school for welding anyway so this is just awesome for us. 

I was excited about moving back to Oklahoma, but I'm just as excited to move somewhere new. We spent the whole time Chase has been in the Army here in Kansas and it's really awesome to get the chance to move somewhere new and do and see new things before we have kids. We're moving to Victoria which is about 2 hours from Austin, Houston, Corpus Christi and San Antonio and a 30 minute drive from the Gulf of Mexico meaning it's 30 minutes from THE FREAKING BEACH! I've never lived close to the beach at all. 

I've heard nothing but good things about south Texas and Victoria and I just can't wait to get there. Chase is going to go before I do and make sure this is what he wants to do for a while or forever and find us a place to live and all that jazz while I stay in Oklahoma. I'll move down there after a month or two. 

I'm still reeling about it all and I can't believe that I'm not moving back to Oklahoma. I wanted to move back and was excited about being so close to my mom and sister and friends again, but we'll be an 8 1/2 hour drive away or an hour or so plane ride away and that's pretty awesome. I am a little scared about meeting people though. I only made friends here because Chase is in the Army and there are zillions of Facebook pages and stuff that helped, I don't know how to meet people the normal way. I'm hoping to start Cosmetology school soon after I get to Texas and maybe I'll be able to make a friend or two through that. I don't know, maybe I'll have to hang out at a nail salon or the mall, haha. I just know it's going to be more difficult also because most people my age aren't married and have other things, like partying, on their minds.

Either way, I'm excited. I'm excited about moving and living somewhere new. I'm excited to move to a new state and see other things, do other things, and have new experiences. 


No comments:

Post a Comment