Thursday, March 28, 2013

Random Thursday! {Top 3 books turned movies}

Holla! It's Thursday again and that means it's time for Random Thursday with Lin, Meg and Em! 


This weeks topic is your top three books turned into movies. 
1. The Hunger Games. 
Holy shit. These books are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I love them all so so so much and I didn't want them to ever end. I hate when I finish a good book and I'm just sitting there like, "what the hell do I do now?" The Hunger Games trilogy definitely had that effect on me. It took a little bit for me to get into THG, but as soon as I did, I wanted to neglect all my wifely duties and do nothing but read. I read Catching Fire and Mockingjay in like a week, they were THAT good. 
Naturally, I had to go and see THG the day it opened. I talked my husband into taking me, against his will, but he ended up liking it. ;) 
At first I didn't like the movie that much because of all the stuff they took out, changed, or left out but then after I watched it once or seven more times after I got it on DVD, I actually really liked it. I know that they have to leave stuff out otherwise it would be like a six hour movie. I still freakin' wish they would've had Madge give Katniss her Mockingjay pin! That part will forever get on my nerves. 
2. The Twilight Saga. 
I know these are very popular anymore, but I love them. When they first became popular I didn't want ANYTHING to do with the Twilight books or movies or Team Edward or Jacob or anything, I thought it was all dumb. My cousin was going to see the first movie during Christmas break when it came out and invited me and I ended up falling in love with Twilight. After I got back to school I went and checked out the books they had at the library and read the hell out of them. Any free time I had at school I was reading, at home I was reading, anytime I could I was reading. The whole vampire/werewolf thing totally intrigued me. 
The movies were super great! I couldn't wait for the next one to come out. As soon as I saw the one in theatres I was ready for the next one to come out. I saw three at the midnight screening. I love everything about the movies, I love that they stayed true to the books for the most part. These movies were some of the only ones I've seen that actually were what the author wrote portrayed on the big screen. I even liked the cast, the WHOLE entire case, including Kristen Stewart. I know a lot of people hate her, but I think she did a pretty awesome job as Bella. 
3. The Lucky One
I read this book and then the movie came out shortly after. I loved the plot, seriously it was amazing. The characters are so relatable and I liked how they were developed. The ending was great! I really love books with surprise endings that you don't see coming. This is one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books.
So this movie was UHMAYZING. Compared to other NS books that were turned into movies, this was one that stayed pretty true to the book. There were changes, but they were minor and didn't alter the storyline too much. I saw Safe Haven right after I read the book and the movie told almost a completely different story and that's not cool. That movie was still good, but I just hate how it didn't hardly match up with the book. It really makes me happy that The Lucky One did. Plus, Zac Efron is nice to look at and that's a plus. ;) 

9 comments:

  1. I still need to read the Hunger Games series. I have only read the first one so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other two are even better! Catching Fire (the second book) is my FAVORITE!

      Delete
  2. The Hunger Games are a popular pick it seems!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all of The Hunger Games books, well maybe not the second one so much. The movie was pretty good, I have high hopes for the movie sequels.

    Never seen or read any of the others. Have to admit I'm a little (or a lot) judgmental when it comes to the Twilight saga thing; you can blame Kristen Stewart for that. Thanks so much for joining us & linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't like the second? That was my favorite! Lol. And yeah, I know everyone hates on Twilight, haha.

      Delete
  4. I have to say I LOVED The Hunger Games books, but there were so many things left out in the movie, Like Peta's Leg? How are they going to play that into the next movie......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I KNOW! That bothered me too, for real. I just don't know. I guess they're going to cut that whole part out.. it kind of makes me wonder what exactly Catching Fire is going to be like since Peeta losing his leg plays quite a bit in CF.

      Delete
  5. I really LOVE the Hunger Games! But the movie frustrates me when I think about things they left out.... Like Peta's Leg? ....

    ReplyDelete