Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Movie critiquing by Haylie.

I LOVE going to the movies, hell I love movies in general. 

Olympus Has Fallen 

Disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped inside the White House in the wake of a terrorist attack; using his inside knowledge, Banning works with national security to rescue the President from his kidnappers.

Chase and I went and saw this yesterday and it was AWESOME! If you're into action, and I mean NON STOP, GO GO GO, NOTHING BUT ACTION, action movies then this is the movie for you! It was literally action packed the whole way through. There was a bit of a love/friendship type story, but mostly it was guns, knives ad blowing shit up! If you're squeamish or don't like blood and gore this isn't your movie. Also, Gerard Butler isn't bad looking. ;) 

I would give this movie a 9 out of a possible 10 stars. Seriously, go see it. 

Cheesecake Casserole

With graduation looming, 4 friends get together for one last weekend. But a lot has changed since they were freshman roommates and the secrets are about to come out. This will be no ordinary girls' weekend. And when the boys show up, it only throws fuel on the fire. CHEESECAKE CASSEROLE is about the friendships that make us crazy, and the lengths you'll go to never leave them behind. It's about the people who know you when you've become a stranger to yourself, and the strength they give us to change our lives.

This was on Netflix. It was recommended to me because I watched LOL with Miley Cyrus (good movie btw.) I started watching it because it had Torrey DeVitto in it and I love her. It turned out to be a pretty cute movie. I liked it. If you're looking for something to watch that's funny, cute and a little racy then I'd recommend this. 

I give it 7 out of 10 stars. 

17 Girls

When Camille accidentally becomes pregnant, 16 of her friends and classmates decide to follow suit, throwing their town and school into chaos.

This, too, was on Netflix. I was just browsing and found it and it intrigued me. It's a foreign French film with English subtitles. I didn't think I would watch the whole thing because I'm not much into foreign films, or at least I thought I wasn't. I actually really liked this movie, despite not knowing what they were saying and having to very intently pay attention because I had to read the subtitles. It was pretty touching and had a nice twist at the end that made you really feel for the character. 

I give it 8 out of 10 stars. 


That's all I have for now. I'll probably make this a regular thing! I LOVE movies! Check back to see my next movie critiquing. 



4 comments:

  1. Hey, new follower from the Friend Connect blog hop. Awesome post! I love movies as well. Looking forward to reading more of your blog. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been one for foreign films because I'm not a fast reader, but I like seeing people's reviews about them. It makes me want to watch them haha!

    Found you from the GFC blog hop! Hope you have a great day!

    Alyssa
    http://www.alyssadawsonblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) It was the first one I've ever watched, lol. I watched it on my iPad so it helped since I could really easily pause if I needed to read.

      Have a good day!

      Delete